On the 13th Kaylee turned 6 months old. It has been over a year since I found out that I was pregnant. Now Kaylee is a snotty slobbery 6 month old who thinks that she is just so grown up. I can’t believe how fast she is growing. How big she has already gotten... I cry every time I think that she is half a year. It blows my mind that these last 6 months have gone by so fast; it makes me realize how fast the next six months are going to be. But… on a better note these are just a few things I want to remember about her at this age:
1. The way she sucks on her bottom lip and refuses to smile at anyone…. You can tell she wants to though.
2. The way her tiny toes are always making their way to her mouth...
3. How she tolls onto her belly every time we lay her down and ten minutes later is screaming at the top of her lungs because she is frustrated that she is on her belly.
4. Her sweet little giggle that is so hard to get out of her.
5. The one long curly hair that is always sticking out of the top of her head.
6. How she holds her arms back when you are carrying her, like she is superman or something.
I am so proud of her. Every time someone tells me how cute or smart or pretty she is, my heart just lights up and I am filled with this overwhelming feeling of love. I am so honored to ne her nom. I wish that she was not growing up so fast. I wish that she would stay this small for just a little while longer. I wish that I didn’t know that she is going to grow up. I wish that I could slow down time. I feel like I am stuck on a carousel that is going faster and faster and I have no way of getting off. No way to stop to look at the sites. No way to slow it down. Don’t get me wrong. I want Kaylee to grow up and be happy. I want her to get older and be able to talk and play with me. I just wish that it would happen a little bit slower. You know what I mean??
Also we had our very first Easter as a family and Kaylees first Easter! It was a lot of fun. I loved every second of picking Kaylees basket and basket stuffers. She had this adorable pink basket that had lacy ribbon and butterflies around the top. It had a little white lamb, some yogurt juice, a rattle and two binky’s stuffed inside. You would think that those are things that a six month old would hope and dream of. But you would be wrong haha Kaylee HATED Easter. She was so bored with the whole thing. She didn’t really care for anything in her basket. Oh well. I had a blast.